Saturday, September 13, 2014

  Hello everyone!

Its been a week since I arrived in Saint Lys! And it has been a incredible journey! I have made it through first meeting the family jitters and the nervous butterfly's of the first day of school!

School was very interesting, everything is different here than in America. For example I don't start school till 9 am on mondays, I have an hour and a half lunch, some classes are two hours long! But the best part yet is that I finish school at noon on Fridays! I have meet so many interesting people!

Every morning except Monday I work up at 6:20, which was always a struggle, so that I could make it to the bus on time at 7:15! School starts at 8 am and depending on the say you could have class for two hours then a you have a ten minute break where you socialize in the court yard. Than you have class for another two hours! After that lunch time! After lunch you go to whatever classes you have. Depending on the day we take the bus home at 5:30.

After school we do lots of different things, like go in the pool, play badminton or watch TV. And for my sisters they have sports or other activities. And around 8 pm we have dinner. We always have dinner together outside. Every meal that I have had here has been so amazing! We have had lots of different kinds of food, like quiche, tomatos, bread and cheese, and lots more.

My host family is awesome. They have been so nice to me as I settle in. I can't wait to see what will come next.

Talk to y'all later
Marla

1 comment:

  1. So excited to hear it is all going well. Can't wait to hear more Marla!

    ReplyDelete